brood

brood
the only time these feet are still

Monday, April 25, 2011

information

Today, I awoke to S saying "they moved #6."  What I said?  S told me that we had received an email that #6 had been moved to a new foster home, because of illness in his first foster family.  I was immediately overcome by sadness.  I had to get up and get T to school, but when I got to work, I read the email myself.  In a short casual email, our SW informed us that due to illness #6 had been moved and some basic info about where he is now placed.  I shared with a coworker and broke down.  I am so sad.  Sad for him, to have to be moved and readjust, only to move again (in what I hope won't be too terribly long).  Sad for his foster mom and her family.  Was this a decision she had to make? Her family? The agency who placed him?  Will she be ok?  On top of illness, she must now grieve the loss of someone who has been with her (and requiring a good bit of her attention). 

It also got me thinking about his mother (birth mother, first mother, I feel mother is clear enough at this point for me).  I so want to meet her, know her, thank her, share with her, love her.I want her to have pictures and info about him once he gets home. 

Today, I realized how much I am attached to more than just the face of sweet #6, but with all of those out there that love him and care for him.  It has been so enlighenting to feel my love, concern and protective nature grow each day for him, and for those in Korea I have yet to meet. 

I hope one day I will have met them all, including his first foster mom, but for now, I just hold her in my thoughts and hope that she is ok.

1 comment: