brood

brood
the only time these feet are still

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The other occupants of this house...

Well, he did do a good job decribing the majority of the "C" family, too bad he left himself and the fur kids out.  "S" is the dad around these parts!  He is also the comic relief when the rugrats aren't on their game.  He is the cook, housecleaner, yard worker, and basically all things domesticated, because, well, I am NOT. 
As for the rest of the occupants, we have 1 obnoxious dog, Dieka, a Belgian Malinois.  For those not familiar, that means "not a good housepet" in some other language.  She is almost 10 now and sort of settling down.  We also have a neurotic cat, Quimby, who would really rather we just all go away permanently, and 1 lone surviving sea monkey.  Sea monkeys by the way, might be the BEST PET EVER!!!  I mean, they don't get in the trash, don't shed, don't even have to eat everyday and make no noise!  LOVE IT!!!

So I wanted to start a blog, not that anyone wants to hear what we have to say, but as a way to document this great journey we are on.  I have gotten such encouragement and knowledge from reading other blogs about families pursuing adoption, that well, I wanted to share too!!!  We are in for the long wait, and I am hoping to make the best of it.  Next entry will be all about our newest addition, but for now I will say, we are hoping that in the next year, while we wait the arrival of C #6, we can use this time to raise some money to help with this endeavor.  One thing I have definitely learned is even though it is a lot of money at once, it is doable, it is worth it, and money cannot be an obstacle.  So we will figure it out and find the money, because not having #6 isn't an option.  He is meant for this family and we are excited to have him.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE to hear from you!!! Thinking of you all..everyday, always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "So we will figure it out and find the money, because not having #6 isn't an option. He is meant for this family and we are excited to have him."
    I love this attitude! I think this is the exact attitude you need to have. He IS meant for your family, and since I consider you guys my family also, I can't wait to have him be part of mine! Love you guys so, so much!

    ReplyDelete