brood

brood
the only time these feet are still

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Birthday kind of day! And some mixed feelings.

Today was baby D's 2nd birthday! We had already celebrated some last weekend and have family celebrations planned for this coming weekend and next, so today was pretty quiet other than the numerous phone calls to wish her a happy day. She did get here 1st skinned knee (hardly a present one wants!)
On the other side of the world (sort of) someone else celebrated today, his 8 month birthday! I hope he had a wonderful day! I am reminded that his mom may have also thought about today, and that he is 8 months today. I wish I could reach out to her and hug her, I cannot imagine the feelings she may be experiencing.
An interesting mix of emotions today, with all of these things to contemplate.

1 comment:

  1. Well, what does it take for an old GG to learn new tricks? I suppose it takes A new grandson!

    ReplyDelete