brood

brood
the only time these feet are still

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Random Ramblings...

I am making it a priority to keep up with this blog.  I don't want it to be something we just update once a month, so I hope people will still follow it, when there are the occasional random ramblings by me.  Although, I guess truly, it is all random ramblings...by me!  Oh well!

I had a great, thoughtful, sweet sincere post (written on my Ipad, although it is a pain to type on that thing) and when I went to preview it, it DELETED.  That does.not.make.me HAPPY.  So now I will try to recreate it, from my computer, and even though they are still my original thoughts, well, they just don't seem as sincere as they did the first time...just flowing out without much thought.  But, it was good, so here it goes:

First, I am really grateful for others who blog about their adoption experiences.  It helps me "find my way" and connect with others virtually who have offered me insight and guidance.  To the few of you I have reached out to, THANK YOU, truly you have been so helpful.  That is part of the reason I wanted to write this blog, to document this experience, and all of our life experiences, to help others and to be able to reflect back on where we have been!

I recently had a friend experience a great loss in their family.  They told me "Call your mom and tell her you love her. Tell her all the things you have always wanted to say."  Those words have stayed with me for several days.  And I am taking their advice, and taking it a bit further.
    I am eternally thankful to our friends and family who have been supporting us throughout this adoption journey. 
To my mom:   Thank you Mom, for all that you have done, do and will do.  I don't say enough how much I appreciate all of it, you. 
To the others (you know who you are):  Thank you for sharing our excitement, joy, frustration about the timeline, and love our our newest most adorable addition, AKA #6.  Not everyone we know, knows about the journey we have been on for the last year, but those that do have really made it that much better for their contributions.  From the co-workers that are helping me organize a yard sale to fundraise, to those that wrote us letters of support, financially assisted us, to my favorite: the friends that upon seeing #6's face, immediately responded, "I love him already!" 
The love is the greatest, and I cannot wait for #6 to experience the "village" here waiting for him.
It may be a long wait until we meet you, #6, but we think of you everyday, love you so much already, and have quite the extended family excited for your arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment