brood

brood
the only time these feet are still

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Young artists, actors, ...drama queens

Sooo, Let's start with a general description of the people living in this kingdom.  T is the mommy.  In case anyone was ever not sure our 23 month old, D.,  will reinforce that in less than 4 minutes because she stalks mommy constantly and approximately every five minutes clings to her leg and yells at me when I try to get her to pry away and come to me.  The 4 year old, P.,  is an equal opportunity manipulator evidenced by his ability to turn on the pouty face whenever he is told "No", about ANYTHING.  Unfortunately it doesn't end there, the face is the beginning followed quickly by the stomping and the self imposed exile, "I'm going to my room."  Um, okay.  The oldest, T. is a budding artist in all manner of mediums, crayon, marker, colored pencil, sidewalk chalk, drama (as in queen).  You know, just like the greats. 
     While playing in the front  yard today T decided to draw chalk portraits of the family and as she has done for me recently she drew a picture of mommy with triangle eyes.   She explained to mommy that these are to show mommy's angry face. HA! finally I'm not the only one T thinks is mean.
     On another note.  Is it all parents or just me who still tunes to Ratatouille and other such fare even after the mini monsters have long been snoring.  I mean, kids' stuff is entertaining and all.  I refuse to feel emasculated.  Big T however likes to take these opportunities to point out my childishness.  So!
     Did I mention that we are in the thick of adding another one to the insanity that is our life?  Our newest is currently living with his foster family outside of Seoul awaiting our ridiculously repetitive and soul draining emmigration paperwork both with Korea's government and the U.S. Department of State.  Yeah, 'cuz there's a well oiled machine.  In the meantime we get, well, we get nothing.  More forms to notarize and a boat load of debt, see because the great thing about international adoption is, you get to pay up front while someone else gets to continue to raise your child while you hold your breath through ninety six shades of blue waiting on the absurditity of beauracracy.  Oh did someone say those slack a^&*s in the government are going to shut down. YAY!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment