brood

brood
the only time these feet are still

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Prints, Play and Pals

This was a great weekend!  We headed to NOVA to attempt an early walk in for our fingerprint appointment.  Being 3 hours from the fingerprint office made this a bit of a gamble, but we were headed to that side of VA anyway, so might as well get them done!  It was uneventful, minus half way there when I realized that they had my name WRONG on the appointment letter.  Complete.freak.out.moment.  Two phone calls later I was assured that #1 USCIS had it correct and #2 the Application Processing Center would correct it.  Um, wrong.  Thanks to a pin in one finger, my prints were slightly harder to capture than the average hand.  I mentioned to the lady that my name was wrong, and she said she would fix it, but after 15 more attempts at my finger, she accepted the rejected print and hit submit.  When I pointed out she hadn't made the name fix, she said "no problem, don't worry about it!"  Boy, I hope so!!  So, we shall see.  I made a point to email NBC and let them know in hopes that it will all work out.

In other weekend events, my parents kept T, P, & D so Stephen and I could catch Beauty & the Beast (Broadway version).  A lot of driving but all in all totally worth it.  There was an interesting character sitting next to us, not sure I should say much else about that!  We got back to my parents late, and turned on the TV to relax.  They get 2 other the air Korean channels!!  So we listened to a little K-pop music countdown before drifting off passing out.  D was up nice and early, screaming as if her arms were being severed with a dull kitchen knife, so cake for breakfast to celebrate D and my sister's birthday (which they share and had passed more than a week ago)!

Saturday night we went to dinner for a friend's birthdays.  This is one of our closest, dearest, most fabulous friends, A, and they were kind enough to wait to go out until after we were back in town.  Dinner was amazing, our closest friends were all there, including a couple we haven't seen in months since they moved away.  Again, late night, totally worth it.  Oh yeah and a HUGE thanks to our friends, R & P, for keeping all 3 of our rugrats cherubs, so sweet!

Fhew! I am tired just writing it.  So today I was barely coherent, but we did go through toys and get a ton of stuff for the upcoming yardsales.  Speaking of which, we brought so much home from my parents, sister and sister's friend, it was almost a hazard to the kids packed all around them.  Thanks to all of them for that too!!!!

We got to show off #6 to our friends at dinner on Saturday, and share his name.... Yes, we have FINALLY decided (I think).  S is sure, but continue to call him by his Korean name and think I probably always will.  Oh and my kids are learning some Korean words and tonight P kept saying "when I say Omma, I am talking to you mommy!!!!"  Love it!

Ok, fingers crossed for good fingerprint report and fast I-600A approval.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on picking a name!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah on a name for your little boy! Also, good for you that the fingerprinting appointment is over. Hopefully the prints scanned and you won't have to go back and redo them. Oh the joys of working with government agencies, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete