brood

brood
the only time these feet are still

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Big accomplishments


S graduated this weekend, earning his Bachelors.  This was no small feat, he began long before he knew me, or ever imagined having 3 (almost 4) children.  Things didn't go quite as planned the first time around (read: too much fun, not enough studying!).  Anyway, in 2006, he returned to the same school and started where he left off.  Really, a lot of his previous classes didn't count, he had to get special permission to return so he basically started almost from scratch.  I say this because 5 years later, he not only graduated with honors, but was asked to speak at commencement representing the "adult degree program."  With all that we have going on from day to day, it is an understatement to say I am proud of him, he is amazing!  Now, I know he is already eyeing a Master's, but I think our plate could use to be a little emptier for a little while!!

In other news, Happy Mother's day to all of those out there that fill the maternal role for someone (kid at home, one still being waited for, still incubating, or out and about on their own, etc).  I won't say this was my best Mother's day, but I am greatful to be a mom and that is enough.  I am thinking mostly of #6's birthmother today, and of those who are celebrating their first Mother's Day. 

Happy Mother's day to my Mom and Mother in Law, I mean, you guys did contribute to the fabulousness that is S & I!!!

ps: A special thought for those of us who learned this weekend that our journey to our babies in S. Korea may be even more delayed...not the news one should receive, this weekend, or at all.

1 comment: