brood

brood
the only time these feet are still

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cute kid quotes

Today was a long day.  So you can imagine how happy I was to see my sweet children when I left work.  To make it even better, when I met them at the grocery store, they all came running and callign "Mommy, Mommy!!"  So sweet, I love it. 
When we left the store, P decided he would ride home with me.  Once in the car, P said, "Mommy, you know why I wanted to ride with you?"
Me: No P, why?
P: Because I am so in love with you!
Me:  Oh, thank you P, I am in love with you too.
P: Does your heart go bump, bump like mine?
It does now P, it sure does now.

Later this evening as the kids were just finally getting into bed, T had brought a library book up to read in bed.  A few minutes later, I hear hysterical crying coming from her room.  When I went in, she told me through huge tears that she had checked a CHAPTER book out!  Oh, the horror!!! She went on to say that the librarian told them the "chapter" books were for 3rd graders only.  She said, "it was an accident!  Can you tell (librarian) that it was an accident and I didn't read ANY of it!"
Oh T, my sweet goody goody, so worried that she would be in trouble for checking out a book that was a little beyond her reading ability.
I reassured her that she could read it, and that she should try.  I also promised her I would email the librarian adn let her know what had happened.  20 minutes ago she called out to me to see if I had received an email answer!
So adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment