brood

brood
the only time these feet are still

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Wowzers what a Weekend!

What a whirlwind weekend in our world.  It started off on Thursday for me.  I left work and headed to my mother's house to help her with a "project."  We worked hard Thursday night and most of Friday, and then I left her house and headed home (a 2+ hour drive) to get ready for our first ever yardsale.  Saturday started EARLY (after Friday ended LATE) and the yardsale experience was interesting.  I am not sure what is a good outocome, but we did alright.  It was a neighborhood yardsale, and my neighbors where kind enough to give us their leftovers for our next fundraiser that we already have planned.  I was walking back home after speaking to the neighbor, carrying D with T walking along.  As we crossed the street, I hurried T along and she walked right in front of me.  And what happened????? I tripped, holding D and fell onto my knees, D flying out of my arms and landing on the pavement hitting the back of her head.  It was horrible!  No blood, but still, I threw her (not really) into the car and headed to the ER.  2.5 hours later & a CT scan, it was confirmed that D has a head as hard as her mother.  THANK goodness for that! SO, we decided that what money we did make will likely go to our ER & Dr. copays.  Lovely.  On a side note, I LOVE our neighborhood, we have the best neighbors, and I never want to leave.
Today S build a garden box with the help of a different neighbor, while I recovered from being too tired and now sore.  We got T & P moved around and they are officially roomies again, which makes them so happy.  S is quite handy and built a loft bed for T, and P is situated perpendicular to his sister.  Maybe I will actually get around to getting a picture!
I bought a couple things for H's first care package.  All I am waiting on now HINT HINT is the most important part!  Each of my children is blessed to have a special fabric photo album with all of their family printed on fabric and shown together is a perfect little plush book.  H must have one too, there is only 1 problem...GG makes these, and well, she has progressively needed longer and longer to create one!!! (love ya Ma)  So I figure, really if we wanted H to get said book before he came home, I likely should have mentioned it to her when we filled our pre-application out with our agency!!  She has been putting a rush on it and putting all of the words in Hangul too, and I am quite grateful.  I know H will love it, and he's a C already (even though he may not understand that) and that is part of the deal.  So, as soon as that sweet book arrives, it will be off to Korea.  Another week has passed and that is 1 closer to getting H home. Whew! I'm tired just talking about it.  Time to sleep.  Another busy week, with a luau celebration this coming weekend for T's birthday.  I guess staying busy does help make time move quicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment