brood

brood
the only time these feet are still

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Patience

Patience. I have none.  This week we were contacted by our agency that it is time to get ready for our homestudy update.  That means we have been approved for almost a year.  And it is frustrating to know that we have many more months of waiting to go.  I want to go get our boy, sooner rather than later.  I want to know his personality. 
We get very limited info in the few updates we have gotten.  I know that it isn't any one person's fault, and I know I should be grateful for the info we do have.  I bet I sound bratty, and I can own that.  This is hard.  I saw another blog yesterday and was thrilled to see that family had received many, many pictures of their little guy, and some videos.  I know that means so much to waiting parents.  It made me think.  Is M getting the same love and attention that this little guy was obviously getting.  I have noticed some things in the little info we have gotten that has made me ask some questions about M and his "development."  I don't feel like we have gotten satisfactory answers so far, and maybe there aren't any until we meet him, but it does cause me pause.  Not huge pause, but still a nagging thought, concern, question.  I may be wrong but I can't help but think more info, pictures, maybe a video could shed some light and help put me at ease.
Patience...adoption is definitely a practice in patience.  Oh which, if you know me you know, I have NONE.  Grrrr. 
M we love you, and I hope one day we will all look back on these posts and laugh, for now I will be practicing my patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment