brood

brood
the only time these feet are still

Thursday, September 15, 2011

My Superhero

Okay, So I've been guilted into posting although there is  college football on and she knows I would almost always choose football over any technology or social media type activity.  It is unfortunate that she also reads this because she should not be allowed the quiet (probably not) and likely smug satisfaction of knowing that she is a better parent than I am.

T had to leave town on fairly short notice for the past two days to be with a very dear friend of ours for whom we will always be there without question.  I'm great with that every time.  What I'm not so great with is trying to play rodeo clown to the wild bucking broncos currently living under my roof when the Ringmaster is gone.  I have no idea what it is that happens to them, I can only hope the same happens to every other dad when moms leave town so I don't feel so bad about it happening here.  They turn into MONSTERS.  The evil kind from bad 80's horror flicks.  Brain eating, head spinning, pea soup spewing maniacs.  I love them through thick and thin, but man I SUCK at being the single parent.  I cannot do what she does, and when she says in that smart ass voice to me, " You know, I do that every morning dear"  I kinda sorta want to shake her.  Problem is, she's right.  She does it with the crazy morning routine every day.  She is who they ALL want when they are upset, when they've lost their favorite lovie, when the rings of Saturn are out of alignment with the San Andreas fault.  Always.  They want her because she is a rock star and can always do it.  I just can't convince her to wear the cape and super cool colored underwear over her clothes. 

Don't get me wrong.  I don't feel like I'm the worst parent ever, and I love my children to a fault.  I just don't seem to have the knack for keeping this place together like she does.  I'm just the a$%^ole that comes home and makes them clean up toys. 

On other fronts:

Our annoying borth country is truly pissing me off with their changing guidelines and programs.  I'm starting to believe this is all some kind of joke, but I'm not laughing and apparently these people somehow never got word of what I turn into when I get angry.  They won't like me when I'm angry.  I want my little boy home, and we get sparse amounts of information which does not help.  One may thing that knowing less would make the longing less but it doesn't.  Gimmee now!  I suppose getting it out "on paper" so to speak is nice but I'm kinda tired of being nice to be sure.  I'm just glad I have my own in home superhero to keep up with all of the things she does and to follow up on the information that comes our way.  I just get annoyed and want to hulk-smash things when I hear we may be getting screwed again and she takes the time to sort out the idiotic rumors from the idiotic truth.  I knew there was a reason I kept her around.

No comments:

Post a Comment