brood

brood
the only time these feet are still

Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012!!!! WOOHOO

Happy New year to All! 
We celebrated New Years Eve like people much older than we truly are.  We sat around and watched the "Chik Fil A" Bowl, and we ate & ate.  We had a splash of sparkling grape juice and then off to bed!  We were blessed to celebrate with some of our dearest friends and P even tried to stay up to "watch the ball fall."  He didn't make it.  I woke him up, but he doesn't remember it today!
More importantly New Years is the most special holiday to us, it is P's birthday.  His 5th to be exact.  I always struggle when his birthday comes around.  Not sure if it is b/c he is my 1st boy, or because his birthday marks the beginning of all kinds of new experiences, but it is bittersweet.  This year is no different.  Where did the last 5 years go????  And while I wish he was always that tiny baby boy, too small for a newborn diaper, I love to see the kind boy he has become. 

AND January 1 2012 is something special.  Emigration paperwork will begin to move again in S. Korea.  We are FINALLY getting there.

I am grateful for days like today to help pass the time.  Boy, P is really an amazing boy, and I feel so proud to call him mine.  Now some gratuitous Superhero party pictures for your entertainment. 
(this is P's 1st "kid" party, & I think it was a hit!)



Happy Birthday Buddy!

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY My Man! Can't wait for your brother to arrive; TWO grandsons to love!

    ReplyDelete