brood

brood
the only time these feet are still

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Getting there

Back to being a bad blogger.  I realize not many people read this but I still want to keep it up.  Things are hectic and wonderful all at the same time.  I was only able to be off work for a couple weeks, so S  was on his own with 4 cuties!!!  Fun times.  Oh yeah and the newest cutie was still. It so sure S was worthy of his attention.  But they are getting there.  Sleep...getting theree.  He is in a pack n play and no longer in our room.  As far as other cute C children sleeping...not.so.much.  But we are getting there.  HM is learning to live kindly aside the furry members of household, he is signing and showing a little more patience in expressing his needs and demands.
It is certainly different with an almost 2 year old.  When someone else needs a little extra attention, you can't just lay him in a bouncy seat or bassinet.  Nope, oh and he is possessive.  Definitely not interested in sharing mommy and even daddy with those other kids.  But tonight I picked up buggy and HM had no negative reaction, he just smiled at me.  Getting there.
He an say up, the first attempt at mimicking sounds we are making.  Because of the language he is certainly behind a bit, he doesn't know animal sounds or colors or even animal names yet.  He is bright though & I imagine he will catch up quickly.  Monday he will be 2, and we will see the doctor for the 1st time (good news, no shots).
It is funny that he is turning 2 and still feels so new. I know when each of my others hit that birthday I remember feeling like time had gone too fast.  And in way it has for him too, we have missed a lot in 2 years, but in only 4 weeks we have experienced so many firsts and he is changing so quickly it seems like he has been here for much longer.  We will cherish all the new "first" and every birthday to come.  I bet next year I will saying it has flown by.


In other C news, 1 week from today, T heads to 2nd grade!!!  Talk about time flying!  And P to Kindergarten!  I can hardly write that without feeling the tears.  T has always been a social, independent butterfly, but P...he was my 1st "momma's baby."  hmmm, what to say, his milestones have always  given me pause maybe because he was my littlest peanut.  But this summer somehow it happened...he grew up.  No more chubby legs, or baby hands, no more tiny baby voice.  No more needing to climb in my lap. Nope.  Lots of. Superhero being, 2 wheel bike riding, sleepovers with his best buddy.  He has seriously taken the role of big brother to a brother VERY seriously.  Now he is big boy, off to school, to conquer the world & beat the villains.  But.....he will always be my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment