brood

brood
the only time these feet are still

Sunday, April 21, 2013

March, Spring and April

Wow I don't have time to post or apparently photograph my children.  We have been busy, busy but at what I am not really sure.  March was anti-climactic.  HM has increased his speech services to once a week to see how that will impact him.  While he is making huge improvements, he is still very difficult to understand.  As he becomes more independent he has also started to really assert his strong will and temperament.  It hasn't been easy.  I am at a loss as to how to handle some of his behaviors.  He definitely likes to be in charge and can really act out when not given his way.  It isn't easy to talk about because these behaviors tend to show mostly when it is just mommy, daddy and the kids around.  He is a hitter, stomper, thrower and screamer.  Several of those being new to us as parents.  It is also difficult as our other children have shown some of the ripple effect of HM joining our family.  I feel it is important that everyone have consistent rules and aggressive behavior is not tolerated.  We have seen many, many irrational meltdowns from P, who at 6, seems well beyond an age where that is an appropriate method of expression. D, like HM, is quite strong willed, and has her share of tantrums, hitting and stomping included.
So suffice to say, it has been challenging a good bit around here.  Warm weather certainly has helped, we can all use more time in the sun and fresh air to burn some energy and play with friends.  I am constantly thinking about what other interventions or evaluations might be needed, all the while trying to remember that the "terrible 2s" is upon us as well.  Nothing like questioning your every parenting decision still after 4 kids!  I am not on my A game either and I have to remember that that may be the biggest cause of everyone's struggles.

"baby D" celebrated her 4th birthday yesterday, even further proving that she is no longer a baby!!  She has  blossomed into a bright, brilliant, opinionated little girl.  I love to see her find her own place in the family, although sometimes I think she might overthrown S and I.  We celebrated with a "bounce house" birthday, and after her initial stubbornness I think she had a good time.






No comments:

Post a Comment