brood

brood
the only time these feet are still

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Renewed

Yesterday marked 1 year since we first saw M's face.  In some ways it seems like a million years have past since then.  Other times, like all of my kids, it seems like yesterday. 
We have missed a lot being thousands of miles away, but I know that is temporary.  Last week I didn't feel so sure, but now I feel renewed.
The word from our agency is tomorrow, TOMORROW, paperwork will begin being processed by the Ministry.  I have renewed hope, renewed joy, renewed excitement.  I even started looking at hotels and airfare...not as exciting to see those prices !!!
I am putting all my faith in M being home before August, his 2nd birthday. 
I have been thinking a lot about him coming home and how that will be.  It will be much different than bringing my others home, brand new from the hospital, somewhat oblivious to the world around them.  M will not have that luxury.  He was be sad and confused, exposed to sights, sounds and smells unfamiliar to him.  He will not understand us nor be able to tell us how he feels.  It breaks my heart to think about what he will go through and I hope and pray we will do a good job supporting him during his transition.  And our other kids will have the same experience.  They are so excited for M to come home, we will have to really prepare them for the first couple weeks.
Regardless of the scariness that comes with the unknowns and adjustment we will all experience, I cannot wait for it all.  I cannot wait to see things begin to move, to make our travel plans and to set off to get our boy.
Not much longer!

1 comment:

  1. I am so exicted to hear that things are finally moving forward. I share you excitment and very much look forward to meeting my second nephew and hopefuly be able to celebrate his 2nd birthday with the family.

    Love you lots
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete