brood

brood
the only time these feet are still

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thankful

In honor of the season, here are some things I/we are grateful for (in no particular order).

~ amazing friends:
- like the kind that takes time out of her busy schedule to take amazing pictures of my family for me. Without her, I would only have my pitiful attempts at pictures.
- friends who love our children like their own. Ones that think of them even when they are out of town visiting their own families! I don't know if they will ever truly realize how much my kids love them, and more importantly how grateful I am for them.
- friends that will stand in the cold in the middle of the night for the fun of Black Friday shopping.
- friends who share their turkey fryer, so that we too may enjoy unhealthy goodness!

In fact, I am grateful for all of my friends, we truly have so many great friends that will be just as excited as us when H comes home.

~ family
- mostly my sweet, adorable perfect children and husband. They love me unconditionally and make me whole.
- our extended family. Of course a big part of that is mentioned above in our friends who are like a family. But also, those we got via the powers that be. They never make for a dull moment & they take us as we are (whether they want to or not.)
- H! Because even though he is far away he is family, and this is the last Thanksgiving we will celebrate without him.

~ my health and the health of my loved ones.
~ my job, I have one, it is fulfilling and never boring.
- amazing co-workers that better fall into the category of friends.

Life, I am thankful for life, I love this time of year. A time of thankfulness, a time of giving. And especially days like today, good friends, good times, good weather.

I could take or leave the bitter cold, so I am thankful for a Fall like day today.

Now, I shall go and be subjected to the VT/UVA game, with S (die hard UVA fan) & a VT fan present, should be interesting. Hoping my children don't learn any new choice words in the next 3 hours!

Thank you.

1 comment: