brood

brood
the only time these feet are still

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

We are here

After an incredibly long flight, we made it to Seoul. Such a difference from good ole VA, but the weather is similar...read:humid!! We brought a wireless travel router so we would have Internet in the room, but alas it doesn't work. I'm sure everything things I'm quite odd wandering around with an iPad looking for wireless service. Found it in the lobby, so hear I sit while S is trying to rest. Neither of us have eaten today, time difference had him up at about 4am and me at 5. The good news is we were off to conquer the subway by 7. At first it was very confusing but I learned quickly if pulled out my paper map and stood still long enough, someone would stop and help! So grateful for that. We met the nicest man who bought us rice cakes (nothing like the dry ones in the US) and went out of his way to take us to the area of shopping we couldn't find on our own. Tomorrow is the big day...still seems surreal. By this time tomorrow MR will be in my arms. Can't wait. Cannot.wait. For now, food....it has to happen if we are going to make it til tomorrow. It is so hard, I don't eat spicy food, so I am terrified of what I will get. FYI, the outback in our hotel doesn't appear to serve outback food at all. Very interesting. We have seen: McDs, Burger King, Baskin Robbins, KFC, TGIF, Uno's, and about 3 trillion coffee shops! So that's where we are...until my next lobby break....

No comments:

Post a Comment